Guoqiang Li， PI
Rm. 402, Integrated Science Research Center No.2,Peking University
2021-Present, Principal Investigator, Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Genomics
2021-Present, Principal Investigator, Biomedical Pioneering Innovation Center, Peking University
2015-2021, Postdoctoral Fellow, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, San Diego
2014-2015, Research Scientist, Beijing Institute of Genomics, CAS
2008-2014, Ph. D. in Genomics, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2004-2008, B. S. in Biotechnology, Wuhan University
98% of the mammalian genome are non-coding regions, which harbor numerous cis-regulatory elements and facility the spatial organization of the genome. The dynamic of genome organization and cis-regulatory elements contribute to spatiotemporal gene activities that can direct specialized cell types in multi-cellular organisms, which forms the foundation for us to understand the diverse biological processes in different physiological and pathological conditions. In our lab, we will utilize single-cell multi-omics and functional genomics to examine the mechanisms and functions of epigenetic modifications, 3D genome organization, and non-coding cis-regulatory elements in regulating gene expression, which will be the foundation to further understand gene regulation in cell fate decision, embryo development, and its dysregulation in variety of human diseases.
- Guoqiang Li*, Yaping Liu*, Yanxiao Zhang, Naoki Kubo, Miao Yu, Rongxin Fang, Manolis Kellis and Bing Ren. “Joint profiling of DNA methylation and chromatin architecture in single cells.” Nature Methods, 16 (2019): 991–993.
- Xiaocui Xu*, Guoqiang Li*, Congru Li*, Jing Zhang*, Qiang Wang*, David K Simmons, Xuepeng Chen, Naveen Wijesena, Wei Zhu, Zhanyang Wang, Zhenhua Wang, Bao Ju, Weimin Ci, Xuemei Lu, Daqi YuQian-fei Wang, Neelakanteswar Aluru, Paola Oliveri, Yong E Zhang, Mark Q Martindale and Jiang Liu. “Evolutionary transition between invertebrates and vertebrates via methylation reprogramming in embryogenesis.” National Science Review, nwz064 (2019)
- Congru Li*, Yang Yu*, Yong Fan*, Guoqiang Li*, Xiaocui Xu, Jialei Duan, Rong Li, Xiangjin Kang, Xin Ma, Xuepeng Chen, Yuwen Ke, Jie Yan, Ying Lian, Ping Liu, Yue Zhao, Hongcui Zhao, Yaoyong Chen, Xiaofang Sun, Jianqiao Liu, Jie Qiao and Jiang Liu. “DNA methylation reprogramming of functional elements during mammalian embryonic development.” Cell Discovery 4, no. 28 (2018).
- Guoqiang Li*, Yang Yu*, Yong Fan*, Congru Li*, Xiaocui Xu, Jialei Duan, Rong Li, Xiangjin Kang, Xin Ma, Xuepeng Chen, Yuwen Ke, Jie Yan, Ying Lian, Ping Liu, Yue Zhao, Hongcui Zhao, Yaoyong Chen, Xiaofang Sun, Jianqiao Liu, Jie Qiao and Jiang Liu. “Genome-wide abnormal DNA methylome of human blastocyst in assisted reproductive technology.” Journal of Genetics and Genomics 44 (2017): 475-481.
- Guoqiang Li*, Weimin Ci*, Subhradip Karmakar*, Ke Chen, Zhixiang Fan, Zhongqiang Guo, Jing Zhang, Lu Wang, Min Zhuang, Shengdi Hu, Xuesong Li, Xianghong Li, Matthew F. Calabrese, Edmond R. Watson, Sandip Prasad, Carrie Rinker-Schaeffer, Scott E. Eggener, Thomas Stricker, Yong Tian, Brenda Schulman, Jiang Liu and Kevin P. White. “SPOP promotes tumorigenesis by acting as a key regulatory hub in kidney cancer.” Cancer Cell 25, no. 4 (2014): 455-468.