Yiqin Gao was born in 1972. He received his bachelor’s degree from Chemistry Department of Sichuan University in 1993, a master’s degree from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1996, and a PhD degree from California Institute of Technology in 2001. From 2001-2004, he was an assistant professor in Chemistry Department, Texas A&M University. Since 2010, he has been a Professor in College of Chemistry & Molecular Engineering; Peking University. He became a PI in BIOPIC in 2013. He has won Distinguished Lectureship Award from the Japanese chemical society in 2014, Promising Scientist Prize in 2014 from Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics (QSCP), and Pople Medal from Asia-Pacific Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry in 2016. Prof. Gao has published over 120 papers. He is a member of the finance committee of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC), the deputy secretary general of the Chinese Chemical Society, the director of the professional committee of Biophysical Chemistry of the Chinese Chemical Society, and the member of the professional committee of Theoretical Chemistry of the Chinese Chemical Society.
Gao and his lab focus on systematic basic theory research, which include: (1) theoretical study of chemical reaction mechanisms in different solution environment, development of theoretical models, and efficient enhanced sampling method. （2）integrative study of three-dimensional structure of chromatin and multiple omics information of genome, transcriptome and epigenome, aiming at a unified understanding of cellular development, differentiation, aging, and pathological processes at the molecular level.
1. Manas Mondal, Lijiang Yang, Zhicheng Cai, Piya Patra, Yi Qin Gao*,A Perspective on the Molecular Simulation of DNA from Structural and Functional Aspects,Chem.sci, 2021, 12: 5390-5409.
2. Juping Wang, Hui Gao, Lijiang Yang*, Yi Qin Gao*, Role of Engineered Iron-haem Enzyme in Reactivity and Stereoselectivity of Intermolecular Benzylic C-H Bond Amination. ACS Catalysis, 2020,10(9):5318-5327.
3. Zhuoran Qiao, Zhao, YuhengZhao,Yi Qin Gao*, Ice Nucleation of Confined Monolayer Water Conforms to Classical Nucleation Theory,The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2019,10(11): 3115-3121.
4. Hu Zeng, Manas Mondal, Ruyi Song, Jun Zhang, Bo Xia, Menghao Liu, Chenxu Zhu, Bo He, Yi Qin Gao*, Chengqi Yi*, Unnatural Cytosine Bases Recognized as Thymines by DNA Polymerases by the Formation of the Watson-Crick Geometry, Angew Chem Int Edit, 2019, 58:130-133.
5. Jinbo Peng, Duanyun Cao, Zhili He, Jing Guo, Prokop Hapala, Runze Ma, Bowei Cheng, Ji Chen, Wen Jun Xie, Xin-Zheng Li, Pavel Jelίnek, Li-Mei Xu*, Yi Qin Gao*, En-Ge Wang*, Ying Jiang*, The Effect of Hydration Number on the Interfacial Transport of Sodium Ions, Nature, 2018, 557:701-707.
6. Sirui Liu, Ling Zhang, Hui Quan, Hao Tian, Luming Meng, Lijiang Yang, Huajie Feng, Yi Qin Gao*, From 1D Sequence to 3D Chromatin Dynamics and Cellular Functions: a Phase Separation Perspective, Nucleic Acids Res, 2018, 46(18):9367-9383.
7. Jun Zhang, Zhen Zhang, Yi Isaac Yang, Sirui Liu, Lijiang Yang*, Yi Qin Gao*, Rich Dynamics Underlying Solution Reactions Revealed by Sampling and Data Mining of Reactive Trajectories, ACS Cent Sci, 2017, 3(5):407-414.
8. Chenxu Zhu, Lining Lu, Jun Zhang, Zongwei Yue, Jinghui Song, Shuai Zong, Menghao Liu, Olivia Stovicek, Yi Qin Gao*, Chengqi Yi*, Tautomerization-Dependent Recognition and Excision of Oxidation Damage in Base-Excision DNA Repair, P Natl Acad Sci USA, 2016, 113(28):7792-7797.
9. Lijiang Yang, Cheng-Wen Liu, Qiang Shao, Jun Zhang, Yi Qin Gao*, From Thermodynamics to Kinetics: Enhanced Sampling of Rare Events, Accounts Chem Res, 2015, 48(4):947-955.