Rm. 206, Integrated Science Research Center No.2,Peking University
Dr. Fuchou Tang received his bachelor’s degree in 1998 and PhD in 2003 from School of Life Sciences, Peking University (PKU). From 2004 to 2010, he has been working as a postdoc in Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge (UK). He returned to China in 2010 and focused on studying early human embryonic development by single cell functional genomics approaches. Dr. Tang systematically developed the single-cell omics sequencing technologies and ushered in the era of omics sequencing. His lab revealed a series of important epigenetic regulatory mechanisms of human germline cell development, and promotes the development of human germline epigenetics field, comprehensively studied on the human developmental cell atlas project and deepened the understanding of human embryonic development biology. He has published over 60 papers as corresponding (or co-corresponding) authors in Cell (2013,2015,2020), Nature (2014,2016,2018,2019), Science (2016,2018), Cell Stem Cell (2014,2017a,b,c,2018,2019), Nature Cell Biology (2018a,b), Nature Genetics (2018), Genome research (2013), etc.. Stem cells have self-renewal ability and multi-lineage differentiation potential, hence and are crucial for mammalian embryonic development and adult life. Dissecting the molecular mechanisms of stem cell regulation is important for understanding mammalian growth and development, and for its application of regeneration medicine for in order to cure human diseases. Our lab focuses on the epigenetic mechanisms of human germline cell development as well as human early embryos. Through this, we want to understand the epigenetic regulation of human early embryonic development and the global epigenetic reprogramming such as during the development of human germline cells. We use single cell genome, transcriptome, DNA methylome, as well as multi-omics sequencing technologies to analyze the epigenetic regulation of the dynamic gene expression network in human early embryos at single-cell and single-base resolution.
1. Tang Fuchou, Barbacioru C, Wang Y, Nordman E, Lee C, Xu N, Wang X, Bodeau J, Tuch BB, Siddiqui A, Lao K, Surani MA*. mRNA-Seq whole-transcriptome analysis of a single cell. Nature Methods. 6(5):377-82(2009)
2. Zhou Y, Bian S, Zhou X, Cui Y, Wang W, Wen L, Guo L, Fu Wei*, Tang Fuchou*. Single-Cell Multiomics Sequencing Reveals Prevalent Genomic Alterations in Tumor Stromal Cells of Human Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Cell. 38(6):818-828.e5(2020) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
3. Zhou F, Wang R, Yuan P, Ren Y, Mao Y, Li R, Lian Y, Li J, Wen L, Yan L, Qiao J*, Tang Fuchou*. Reconstituting the transcriptome and DNA methylome landscapes of human implantation. Nature. 572: 660-664 (2019) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
4. Zhu P, Guo H, Ren Y, Hou Y, Dong J, Li R, Lian Y, Fan X, Hu B, Gao Y, Wang X, Wei Y, Liu P, Yan J, Ren X, Yuan P, Yuan Y, Yan Z, Wen L, Yan L*, Qiao J*, Tang Fuchou*. Single-cell DNA methylome sequencing of human preimplantation embryos. Nature Genetics. 50: 12-19 (2018) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
5. Zhong S, Zhang S, Fan X, Wu Q, Yan L, Dong J, Pan N, Xu X, Tang Fuchou*, Zhang J*, Qiao J*, Wang X*. (2018). A single-cell RNA-seq survey of the developmental landscape of the human prefrontal cortex. Nature. 555: 524-528
6. Bian S, Hou Y, Zhou X, Li X, Yong J, Wang Y, Wang W, Yan J, Hu B, Guo H, Wang J, Gao S, Mao Y, Dong J, Zhu P, Xiu D, Yan L, Wen L, Qiao J*, Tang Fuchou*, Fu W*. Single-cell multiomics sequencing and analyses of human colorectal cancer. Science. 362: 1060-1063 (2018) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
7. Li L, Dong J, Yan L, Yong J, Liu X, Hu Y, Fan X, Wu X, Guo H, Wang X, Zhu X, Li R, Yan J, Wei Y, Zhao Y, Wang W, Ren Y, Yuan P, Yan Z, Hu B, Guo F, Wen L, Tang Fuchou*, Qiao J*. Single-cell RNA-seq analysis maps development of human germline cells and gonadal niche interactions. Cell Stem Cell. 20: 858-873 (2017) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
8. Guo F, Yan L, Guo H, Li L, Hu B, Zhao Y, Yong J, Hu Y, Wang X, Wei Y, Wang W, Li R, Yan J, Zhi X, Zhang Y, Jin H, Zhang W, Hou Y, Zhu P, Li J, Zhang L, Liu S, Ren Y, Zhu X, Wen L, Gao Y, Tang Fuchou*, Qiao J*. The Transcriptome and DNA Methylome Landscapes of Human Primordial Germ Cells. Cell. 161: 1437-1452 (2015) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
9. Guo H, Zhu P, Yan L, Li R, Hu B, Lian Y, Yan J, Ren X, Lin S, Li J, Jin X, Shi X, Liu P, Wang X, Wang W, Wei Y, Li X, Guo F, Wu X, Fan X, Yong J, Wen L, Xie SX, Tang Fuchou*, Qiao J*. The DNA methylation landscape of human early embryos. Nature. 511: 606-610 (2014) (*: Co-corresponding authors).
10. Yan L, Yang M, Guo H, Yang L, Wu J, Li R, Liu P, Lian Y, Zheng X, Yan J, Huang J, Li M, Wu X, Wen L, Lao K, Li R*, Qiao J*, Tang Fuchou*. Single-cell RNA-Seq profiling of human preimplantation embryos and embryonic stem cells. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology. 20: 1131-1139 (2013) (*: Co-corresponding authors).